Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Stolen videos, stolen memories.



Sorry for my lack of posting today, I had planned to do a haul post but instead this is what I have be doing - 


In the space of a week three channels have uploaded my videos and monetize them (which is placing ads on them to make money) Mostly it's a minor annoyance. Sure it's not nice when someone takes credit for your work and makes money from it but the worse part was when they steal personal videos.


                                                                                                                                           I was on youtube a few days ago and saw my dog's face on someone elses channel. I felt sick. The video they stole and uploaded was this one - 

This was the hardest video to edit and when it was done I wanted to share it with my family and friends who loved sandy and the easiest way to do that is to upload on youtube. 


To have something so special to me stolen and uploaded for money by a stranger who never met sandy, who never knew her expressions, who didn't hold her while she was ill make me sick! I donated to my local animal shelter after Sandy passed in memory of her and I plan to use the money I make from the video to donate regularly to them. 

Sure, with a few clicks of a few buttons the videos are removed but I spend most of the day removing them. The form on youtube isn't the easiest to use and its time consuming. 


7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that, and I truly feel for you!I hope that by you posting this, people will spread the word and maybe it wont happen as much. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to that this happened. I have the same issues when I'm writing stuff on one of my blogs. It's no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awful! How can people do that? I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for any more of your videos that may have been treated this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so awful! I can't believe people steal video's, especially this one.. So sad :( Hopefully it will never happen again..

    ReplyDelete